- This event has passed.
2019 Food Summit: The Power of Plant-Based Eating
October 4, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - October 5, 2019 @ 3:00 pm$25
Registration is Now Open
Join Cook County Department of Public Health, Cook County Health, and Loyola University Chicago, Health Sciences Division for the 2019 Food Summit: The Power of Plant-Based Eating on October 4-5, 2019 at Loyola University Chicago, 2160 S. 1st Avenue, in Maywood, Illinois.
View the Agenda-at-a-Glance
- Learn about the benefits of plant-based eating and how to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet
- Find out about policy initiatives and programs that support making this lifestyle more of a cultural norm, and
- Hear an update on the Good Food Purchasing Program
We are excited to announce the following dynamic keynote speakers will be presenting over this wonderful two-day conference:
- Dr. Neal Barnard of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Dr. Margo Wootan of the Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Dr. Baxter Montgomery of Montgomery Health & Wellness
How to Register for the Summit
To register, please use this registration link hosted by Loyola University Chicago. The cost is $25 per person for two days. Registration material, parking and meals are included.
Pre-Summit: Urban Farm Tours (Friday, October 4, 2019 – 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
After last year’s success, we are happy to bring back Pre-Summit tours of two local urban farms in Maywood on Friday, October 4. You will have an opportunity to hear each farm’s story, and how they support social and business enterprises that are making a difference to local communities and residents. Space is limited.
CCDPH will share a special link to sign up for a tour after registration for the Food Summit is completed.
Email or call 708-633-8350.
This event is supported by the Cook County Department of Public Health, an affiliate of Cook County Health, in collaboration with Loyola University.