HUD Lead Hazard Reduction Demonstration Grant
Cook County has a Lead Hazard Reduction Demonstration Grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that runs through July 2020. This grant provides funding for CCDPH to correct lead paint hazards in homes in select suburban Cook County communities for families that qualify.
A family may qualify for the grant program if:
- The home is in one of the following communities: Blue Island, Berwyn, Calumet City, Calumet Park, Cicero, Dolton, Maywood, Riverdale, Robbins, or Summit.
- Their income is below the program limit, and
- There are lead hazards in the home.
CCDPH will work with families to identify any lead paint hazards in their home and contract with a licensed contractor to fix the hazards at no cost to you. Lead hazard repairs typically include: painting, replacing windows, or other home repair work to remove or contain the lead paint.
Household incomes cannot exceed the amounts in the charts below for your family size.
For More Information:
- If you live in BERWYN, CICERO OR MAYWOOD, CALL NORTH WEST HOUSING PARTNERSHIP: 847-969-0561
- If you live in BLUE ISLAND, CALUMET CITY, CALUMET PARK, DOLTON, RIVERDALE, ROBBINS OR SUMMIT, CALL NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSING SERVICES AT: 773-329-4146.