This page contains information about who is eligible for testing and how to get test results. Please note: Cook County Department of Public Health does not operate testing sites.
Find a testing site
The Illinois Department of Public Health operates state-run testing sites. For a map and list of IDPH testing sites, visit dph.illinois.gov/covid19/covid-19-testing-sites .
The list of testing sites at the IDPH website includes information about hours and requirements. Many sites require an appointment.
IDPH community-based testing sites and most other testing sites have restrictions on who can get tested. Please see the question below about who is eligible for testing at IDPH sites.
How to get test results
People tested at the drive-thru locations in Joliet, Northlake, Bolingbrook, Chicago/Forest Preserve Drive, and Markham sites will receive a call from 1-833-447-0001 or 1-888-297-7208. Due to privacy considerations, the caller will not be able to leave a message. They will attempt follow up calls.
For those that are receiving calls from the 1-888-297-7208 number, if you have not received your test results in 7 days, contact 1-888-297-7208.
If you were tested at a doctor, hospital, or other medical provider, please call the place you were tested to request results.
Guidance for testing criteria
For IDPH’s testing guidance, please see this webpage.
Who is eligible for testing at IDPH sites
At IDPH sites, anyone with COVID-19-like illness or symptoms can get a test, even without a doctor’s order.
Testing at IDPH sites is now available for people who:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath and fever) AND
- Have a risk factor, such as
- Contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19
- A compromised immune system or a serious chronic medical condition
Testing at IDPH sites is also available for those with or without symptoms who:
- Work in a health care facility
- Work in correctional facilities, such as jails or prisons
- Serve as first responders, such as paramedics, emergency medical technicians, law enforcement officers or firefighters
- Support critical infrastructure, such as workers in grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, gas stations, public utilities, factories, childcare and sanitation
For additional information or questions, please contact IDPH at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.