In June 2013, CCDPH convened a Community Health Advisory Council (CHAC) to advise and make recommendations on the agency’s strategic direction. CHAC is composed of a collaborative network of public health organizations and Cook County residents who advise and make recommendations to support the advancement of CCDPH’s strategic direction. Consistent with CCDPH’s mission, vision and values, CHAC is committed to improving the mental, physical, emotional and social health of suburban Cook County residents. Specifically, CHAC works to:
- Increase awareness of core functions and essential services of public health; inform CCDPH as part of the process of community assessment in relation to community needs, community capacity, and establishment of priorities.
- Provide feedback on implementation of the Community Health Improvement Plan on an ongoing basis. This plan is developed in response to the health priorities identified in the community assessment process, conducted every five years.
- Participate in the Public Health Accreditation process as community representatives.
- Identify strategies for obtaining consumer feedback. Five community members from across suburban Cook County will be chosen to sit on the Council.
All meetings will be held at the Berwyn Public Library, 2701 S. Harlem Ave, Berwyn IL. These are open meetings. Registration is not required. Parking is free.
CHAC Meeting Schedule and Documents
The 2017 meeting schedule is as follows. All meetings will be held on Monday, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- January 9
- April 10
- July 10
- October 2
2016 meetings were held as follows from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- January 11
- April 11
- July 11
- October 3
In 2015, meetings were held:
- Wednesday, Jan 7, 1 PM – 3 PM
- Tuesday, April 7, 10 PM – 12 PM
- Tuesday, July 14, 1 PM – 3 PM
- Wednesday, October 14, 10 PM – 12 PM
Becoming a CHAC Community Member
The CHAC membership includes five community members who are selected through an application process. The five members comprise one community member from the west, southwest, and south districts of CCPDH, and two from the north district. Click here for a list of the communities in each district.
CCDPH is current seeking applications from suburban Cook County residents to fill vacancies in our CHAC. Residents who are willing to share his or her knowledge of their respective communities with CHAC are encouraged to apply. To be considered for an appointment to the council, you must:
- Reside within the jurisdiction of the health department (Cook County, except for Chicago, Skokie, Evanston, Oak Park and Stickney, which all have their own certified health departments and are not within the CCDPH service area)
- Commit to participating in four meetings per year
- Complete the application process.
- If selected, an interview will also be required.
To apply, please complete and submit the application below.
For more information, please contact John Clark via telephone 708-633-4029 or email. All information will be handled in a confidential manner.