Join us to learn more about the rising problem of
Heroin Addiction and Its Impact On Suburban Cook County
Wednesday, Nov. 12, 1014
Lyons Township High School
Community Meeting Room
100 S. Brainard Avenue
La Grange, IL 60525
(Use main entrance on Cossitt Avenue. Parking is available in the adjacent school lot).
Suburban Cook County parents, educators, teens, healthcare providers, drug treatment & addiction specialists and law enforcement are invited.
This event is FREE. Registration is required because space is limited. Please click on the blue registration tab above to register.
Resource Fair – 6 PM to 7 PM, Community Room Lobby
Local area addiction agencies will be on site to share information and answer questions.
Community Meeting – 7 PM to 9 PM, Community Room
- Welcome and Overview
- Terry Mason, MD, FACS, Chief Operating Officer, Cook County Department of Public Health
- Elizabeth Doody Gorman, Cook County Commissioner 17th District of Cook County
- Trends of Substance Abuse in Suburban Cook County
- Steven M. Seweryn, EdD, MPH, Director, Community Epidemiology and Health Planning, Cook County Department of Public Health
- Keynote Address
- Kathleen Burke, PhD President and Owner Strategic Prevention
- Personal Stories
- Nick Gore, in recovery
- Eric Karaffa, parent
- Questions & Answers with Expert Panel
- Cassandra Wingert, Wake The Nation (Moderator)
- Kathleen Burke, PhD, Strategic Prevention
- Dan Bigg, Chicago Recovery Alliance
- Chief Joseph G. Ford, Countryside Police Department
- Cathy Kokontis, LCSW, ACSW, CADC, Nazareth Academy
This meeting is being convened by Wake the Nation, a drug awareness and education advocacy organization, and the Cook County Department of Public Health.