Join the movement of teens in suburban Cook County to speak up and inspire your friends, family, school and community to make healthy changes.
The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) is looking for enthusiastic, passionate youth ages 14-18 years old to participate in the CCDPH Youth Leadership Institute (YLI). At the CCDPH YLI, you will have an opportunity to:
- See how tobacco and sugar-loaded beverage marketing is influencing you into making unhealthy choices.
- Find out how to assess your school or community to identify marketing and ad placement for tobacco and sugar-loaded beverages.
- Develop a plan to educate decision makers and advocate for solutions.
Saturday, December 3, 2011 from 10 AM – 3 PM
435 North Michigan Avenue
By end of the day, participants will be able to:
- Describe industry marketing tactics
- Conduct environmental scans in their communities and schools
- Develop a strategy to educate decision makers and advocate for solutions