Communities Putting Prevention to Work (CPPW) Partners With Greentown Conference!
Learn more about supporting and sustaining healthy communities at the GreenTown Conference for FREE**!
Organizations serving suburban Cook County that are working to build healthier communities are encouraged to come learn from experts in food policy and community planning on how to take actionable steps to make healthy, sustainable environments a reality at the Greentown Conference!
October 12, 2011
875 Lake Street
Oak Park, IL 60301
Some highlights of the conference include:
- Hear keynote speaker, Mark Fenton, host of "America's Walking" on PBS.
- Participate in breakout sessions organized by CPPW as part of Healthy Eating Across the Lifespan: Making the Shift to Local Food. Other sessions include Complete Streets and Safe Routes to Schools; Community Water Conservation, Waste Reduction, and Green Business Strategies.
- Share ideas with Pioneering Healthy Communities teams from across Illinois and the Midwest.
- Discover PlanItGreen – Oak Park and River Forest's Community Sustainability Plan.
- Network with over 300 like-minded community members at the complimentary Microbrew reception following the event.
- Practitioners and experts that are working to address the obesity epidemic and make local communities healthy, livable and vibrant.
Registration has been extended. Please register below.